Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Aahhh! I just love the holidays! Family getting together, the crisp cool weather, and the smell of yummy food! I really can't believe that it is already here!

But Thanksgiving is so much more than these things. It is about being thankful. And really it should not just be this one day, but every day! Here are some things that I am thankful for...

  • The most important, is my Savior. He loves me, provides for me, protects me, forgives me, and blesses me abundantly (among MANY other things). Without Him, I am nothing. Although I constantly struggle with making Him my number one priority, He is always there for me, loving me unconditionally.
  • My husband...what can I say...Donnie is the best! He is so loving and caring. He is faithful, honest, and trustworthy. He works hard every day. He comes home and loves me and loves on his little girl. He runs around the house with her even when he doesn't really want to. He brings me toast in bed (for about 32 weeks now) so that I won't get sick. I could really go on and on! I think I got the best one out there! :)
  • My Taylor baby! She is beautiful, healthy, and strong. She has got quite the personality...friendly and sweet, but also can have quite the attitude! She is helpful. She is learning everyday...the other night, we were driving in the car on the way to our Bible study. Daddy pointed out the moon to her and she got so excited because it was big! He asked her what color it was and she said "lellow white" (yellow white) and we just cracked up! She is such a smarty pants.
  • For the most part, a healthy non-complicated pregnancy. And that I only have about 7 weeks left! Yay! I am ready to not be pregnant, but I am really ready to meet our Avery! I think she is going to look like her big sister! I hope they will be the best of friends!
  • Loving family, friends, and church. You all mean so much to us; loving us and being there for us, supporting and encouraging us, and sacrificing for us. What wonderful people to live this life with!
  • That my hubby loves my iced pumpkin cookies! I can't wait to make them tomorrow and see how excited he is to eat one (or three) when he gets home from work! :)
  • Big girl beds! Taylor loves it...she gets so excited for nap time or bed time. She always says, "new bed!" or "big girl bed!
  • That it is almost Christmas! My favorite! I can't wait to watch Elf, put up our Christmas tree, decorate cookies with Taylor (am I crazy?!), and listen to Christmas music...oh wait, I am already doing that last one.
  • Homemade bread! Yum! It is sooo good...and a friend recently brought some over to us! Good thing I don't make it though...I would really be packing it on!
  • The hope of Taylor being potty trained. Yes, I am hopeful that it will one day happen. Right now she just sits there for seriously one second and wants a piece of toilet paper. Ugh...buying diapers for two?! Yikes! Hopefully it won't be for that long!
  • Little tiny baby shoes...and big girl shoes! Oh, they are so cute! I want to buy them all!
  • Pictures! I love pictures! You can probably tell by my previous blog. I can't have enough of them! We will have billions of albums of them when we are older...although I don't know where we will put them all.
  • That we have a warm home, clothes, and food. I can't imagine not knowing how I am going to feed my little girl or keep her warm for the night. Thank you Lord for blessing us! I pray that we can be a blessing to others by helping them a little bit this fall and winter.
Ok, I think this blog is long enough. Sorry for going on and on. But remember to be thankful this week and every other week, as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment