Thursday, September 3, 2009

Attempting a Daily Life of Thankfulness

The Lord has been working in me lately to be more thankful. So many times in my life, especially when everything is going great, I seem to forget to thank Him for all of the wonderful things. And of course without my Savior, I would be living my life in vain and would have no good thing. All the more reason to be thankful! And I have come to realize that thankfulness is not a feeling but a choice. And when I choose to be thankful, the result is joy in my heart. God has been using the book that my women's Bible study has been using to really challenge me in this area...Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl (and I would strongly recommend this book to any and every wife!). So, all that being said, I wanted to list some things that I am thankful for. Here it goes, in no particular order...

1. I am thankful that I have been blessed with such a wonderful husband. He seeks the Lord and desires to do what is right. He is wise and has a servants heart. He is more than I ever wanted or hoped for!

2. We have been blessed with a healthy beautiful baby. Taylor is such a precious gift from God. How humbled I am to think that God wanted Taylor to grow up in our house and that He thinks that we can do a good enough job of raising her and training her to grow into a godly woman.

3. We are blessed to soon be moving into our new home. I am so excited to have a place that we can call our own!

4. I am thankful that my husband has a secure job and that he works so hard. Also, that he performs his role as the head of our house and the provider.

5. I am thankful that, for right now, I can stay home with Taylor. I dont have to put her in a nasty daycare or leave her with someone else to take care of her all day. I get to see her through the whole day and every new and fun thing that she is doing.

6. Everyday I become more thankful that I was raised in a godly home. It seems that few of my friends can say that. I have godly parents who always have godly wisdom and Scripture to constantly point me to the Lord. I have a godly example of what a godly marriage is all about. To this day, I have never even heard them arguing...I can honestly say I dont know if they have ever fought. I pray that Donnie and I can have this kind of marriage and be the kind of godly parents that I have.

7. I am thankful for family and friends that are there for us. That we can enjoy spending time with and share in laughter and creating good memories.

8. I am thankful, most of all, for my Savior. He has saved me. He daily provides for me and my family. He fills my heart with joy. He provides a peace that surpasses all understanding. He blesses me. And for all of this, I am so undeserving! To think that God knows every single detail of me and loves me with a love that is greater than I can comprehend...and I am just one small person on this earth!

So, these are just a few things. I pray that I can grow into a more thankful person and remember to thank the Lord for all of His blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment