1. I am thankful for the sunshine today! It is so gorgeous! I am so ready for spring time and warmer weather. It has been too gray and too cold for too long now!
2. I am thankful for my best girlfriends from high school. They were (and are) the best friends a girl could ask for. I never realized back then just how precious they are. Good friends are so hard to come by. I have not found friends as good as them to this date (except my hubby, of course). No matter how long it has been since we have hung out or talked, we are still best friends. And whenever we do talk or see each other, it is just like it always has been...nothing has changed. That is so rare. Thank you, Lord, for these girls in my life!
3. I am thankful that Donnie's Papa Jim has been healed of cancer. He went through lots of radiation and chemo. I want to praise the Lord! People could say what a great doctor, or what a fighter Jim is, or how awesome is medicine, but all the glory belongs to the Lord! We wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Him! Thank you Jesus!
4. I am thankful for our new king sized bed! Oh, it is wonderful! So roomy and spacious! Donnie said the other night that it felt like we were staying somewhere else...I pictured staying at the beach, of course! :) All we need now is a new duvet and a bed...it's on the floor for now. But it works for us! Baby steps!
5. I am thankful that my hubby is quite the handy man. The other day our rocking chair broke. He is going to try to fix it soon...I hope he can! I really miss rocking my baby girl! We need it back!
6. I am thankful for my parents. It seems like I am learning more and more about what great parents they have been to me and my brothers. I have never heard them say a bad word! When we were growing up, we couldn't say butt or stupid. I mean, come on! There are much worse things that we could say! And that seemed so silly to me back then. But now...I agree with them. I don't want Taylor to say those things. Especially with how bad people's language is these days, I want to protect her. I know we won't be able to protect her from everything, but we can protect her as much as possible and be examples of Christ to her. No saying butt in our house! And Donnie has caught me a few times and sweetly reminds me. And a little side note, sorry Mom and Dad I am telling on you, I have recently heard them both say crap...I was shocked and thought it was the funniest thing ever! :)
7. I am thankful that my Lord is faithful! I disappoint Him and fail Him so many times, over and over, doing the same things. But He is still and always there for me! What a mighty God we serve!
8. I am thankful that we now have a storm shelter! Yay! I am sooo excited! I mean, I get NERVOUS during storms, especially tornado season. And I have a right to be, right? I mean May 3rd my house was blown away, while Brian, Missy (the dog), Mom, Caleb and myself were in a closet. And Dad, Daniel and Jared were in...get this...a laundry hole...hole I tell you, that was in the kids bathroom. So, I get nervous. And I am so thankful for a storm shelter. I just hope we won't have to use it anytime soon! :)
9. I am thankful for my daughter's voice. She is so precious! I love hearing her talk, sing, and laugh! It is the most beautiful sound ever. She does lots of animal noises now. She does an elephant...and she raises her arm like it's her trunk! Love it! She also does...puppy, kitty, snake, monkey, cow, horse, sheep, lion, duck...I think I forgot a couple, but anyway. There is nothing better than waking up to puppy dog noises! :)
10. I am thankful that my daughter is strong. I prayed that she would be strong, and He answered my prayer in more ways than I imagined. She is strong physically. She pulls my hair and it really hurts! She can walk, crawl, stand, play, and everything else that she should be doing right now. She is strong in her personality. She knows what she wants, and will let you know it. And although she is going through a shy phase right now, she is friendly and loving. She waves to almost everyone...especially little kids. I pray that she will be strong for the Lord. Not only in knowing Him, but in serving Him and glorifying Him. I pray that she will use her strong personality to show love and kindness to others to reflect the King's.
11. I am thankful for my patient hubby. He is so laid back, loving, kind, caring, steady, etc. And like I said earlier, I do the same wrong things over and over, so I am thankful that he puts up with me. :) I love you!
12. I am thankful that our anniversary is coming up! What an amazing 2 years it has been! Although it seems longer than that...in a good way! :) We have been extremely blessed and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for us!

No comments:
Post a Comment